Monday, June 23, 2008

Shaggy Vs. Cumbia Cienaguera

It's football time, UEFA cup is about to finish, and every time a game starts the official video is shown on TV. It's Shaggy's "Feel the rush". A nice song but ... hold on .... I can hear something familiar ... I've heard that accordion notes somewhere in my childhood ....

Please, check Shaggy's video below when a happy and friendly guy plays the accordion (Thanks Germany for this wonderful instrument), and listen carefully.



Oh I remember where I heard that. I was young ... long time ago ... and that song played everywhere in parties. It a song from the country, It's name "Cumbia Cienaguera" means Cumbia from the pond (cumbia is a music style from the Colombian Folklore), composed by Martinez and MontaƱo.

Follow this link to listen the original version [here] and click on the speaker link next to the song name "Cumbia Cienaguera".

Is Shaggy aware of anything I mention here? I hope so, otherwise, I think there's some kind of Copyright Infringement. Can anybody give some lights?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VIVA COLOMBIA yeah!!! That is an original colombian classic! Most heard in our famous Carnaval de Barranquilla! Viva la cumbia!